A glass invented by Carlo Scarpa for Venini & C., during the late 30s. It is based on the traditio- nal “filigrana” technique with particularly thin rods used in this case, joined one to the other with especially refined alternating colours. On occasion, to enhance the surface even further, it was lightly “battuto” at the grinding wheel. Used by Venini & C. to this day, it was in use by Paolo Venini in the 50s to make small flat panes that, once assembled, formed large glass windows in flashy colours.
The architect Gio Ponti praised them in the pages of the magazine “Domus”. The “tessuto mosaico” consisted of flat “tessuto” glass rods and of other elements arranged orthogonally, using the “pezzati” technique and was exhibited at the Triennale di Milano in 1954 by Paolo Venini.